Strategic Business Plans
A Strategic Business Plan is critical to growing your business. Have you been trying to grow your business starting each year with a plan but then the day to day takes over and you never quite get back to the plan? Do you feel like you are working in the business instead of focusing on the business? CFO Team can help! This is what we do best! CFO Team will work with you establish where you would like your company to be in the next 5 years. CFO Team will then work with your management team to build a strategic plan to get you there. CFO Team will then continue to work with your management team to monitor and hold them accountable to implement and execute your plan.
Strategic Business Plans are designed specifically for each company. Companies operate at different levels, have different management skills and needs and have built unique foundations and infrastructures along the way. The development of a good Strategic Business Plan is to access the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of an organization and determine which areas to focus on to take the organization to the next level. No Strategic Plan is perfect. The key is to execute the plan, monitor results, access results, and make necessary changes to stay on plan.
Mergers & Acquisitions
There are many avenues to growth. At CFO Team we can help you build and achieve your strategic growth plan. Some of the various growth strategies that a CFO Team member can help you with are:
One of the quickest growth strategies is to merge or acquire another company or competitor. Some of the ways that CFO Team can help you with an acquisition are:
- Identifying the acquisition target
- Are they the right fit for your organization? Are there economies of scale to be achieved? Are they a competitor?
- Is the acquisition company worth more to your company because of increased synergies or market penetration?
- Make sure you have a non disclosure agreement. A third party negotiator will always create more value.
- Due Diligence
- Is my target company really what they represent themselves as?
- Equity Assessment
- An assessment for entrepreneurs to determine appropriate levels of equity to retain within the organization. Defines target distribution and retained earnings figures for more effective cash and equity management.
Business Exit Strategy
When you need an exit strategy for your business, you need an experienced expert who has your best interests in mind who fully understands the complexity of a successful exit strategy.
If it is your desire to stay on as a consultant or to cash out, there are many strategies to explore that CFO Team can help you with:
- Out right acquisition
- Merger with a competitor
- Sale to key management
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Partial cash out / still control
- Funding from pension plan
- Deduct principal payments
- Owner normally receives a higher valuation